A new version of JACK2 has just been released.
You can grab the latest release source code at https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2/releases and macOS/Windows installers at https://github.com/jackaudio/jack2-releases/releases.
This release focuses on bug fixes, particularly interesting for users might be macOS 12 compatibility.
The official JACK2 changelog is:
- Add shell mode to
jack_control(executes commands from stdin until EOF)
- The waf autooption
--example-toolsintroduced in 1.9.20 is now off by default, To get the previous behavior back pass
--example-toolsduring build. This flag (and the related tools and their code) are going to be removed in the next release.
- Fix alignas() on non-packed architectures
- Fix build of jack-example-tools man pages (1.9.20 regression)
- Fix compatibility with macOS 12
- Fix missing symbols from jack client library (error and info callback pointers)
- Fix potential memory corruption in midi_latency_test tool
- Fix JackWeakAPI on Windows
- Use predefined variables in pkg-config file (required for mingw)
External changes, related to macOS/Windows installer:
- Fix application style in QJackCtl (qwindowsvistastyle.dll was missing)
- Update QjackCtl used in macOS/Windows installers to 0.9.7