JACK 0.120.2 released
Submitted by paul on Fri, 2011-05-27 19:39
Jack 0.120.2 is now available. This is primarily a bug fix release, though some of the bugs are important.
- Fix issues with stack initialization in client threads that stole large chunks of the stack from applications.
- if the ALSA backend finds that a device is busy, try to tell the user what application(s) are using it (via stderr).
- Reimplement the jack_cycle_wait/jack_cycle_signal() API for OS X, where in previous versions it was completely non-functional.
- extended documentation for the transport API data structures.
- extended documentation for the JACK Session API
- more useful warning message when duplicate port registration is attempted
- fix logic for setting up device parameters in the ALSA backend (fixes JACK startup on some ALSA-supported devices that would report "impossible sample width (1) discovered" during startup).